Search found 720 matches
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:00 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Dave Gilmour at 80
- Replies: 4
- Views: 331
Re: Dave Gilmour at 80
The lyrics "But you're older, Shorter of breath, And one day closer to death"...
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:56 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Dave Gilmour at 80
- Replies: 4
- Views: 331
Re: Dave Gilmour at 80
Lucy's son.
Good to see my fellow bassist and close personal X friend Guy Pratt (son of the chap from Randall and Hopkirk Deceased) back in the band.
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:40 pm
- Forum: Food and Drink
- Topic: Wrong on so many levels
- Replies: 4
- Views: 332
Re: Wrong on so many levels
PP you are wrong.
Mel and I went on a hunt for these today and after finding Sainsburys had none (but they had three other flavours) we found some in Tesco and can confirm that they are rather delightful.
Mel and I went on a hunt for these today and after finding Sainsburys had none (but they had three other flavours) we found some in Tesco and can confirm that they are rather delightful.
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:42 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Not much feedback on my music threads... how about this?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 165
Re: Not much feedback on my music threads... how about this?
THIS IS WHAT WE WANT!!!
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:18 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Comfortably numb
- Replies: 2
- Views: 237
Re: Comfortably numb
No, no, no. He's playing a Strat with a humbucker and two single coil pickups. Any fool knows that David G plays a Strat with three single coil pickups. It makes a massive difference. If you're going to do a job....
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 3:59 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: The Analogues perform Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight & The End by The Beatles during a live rendition of Abbey Road
- Replies: 10
- Views: 540
Re: The Analogues perform Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight & The End by The Beatles during a live rendition of Abbey R
Now that's better. He's playing a Rickenbacker. You can hear the difference straight away.Phillip Phlopp wrote: ↑Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:03 pmSun King... Jules will like the bass bits albeit right handed
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1203770017088786
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:42 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: The Analogues perform Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight & The End by The Beatles during a live rendition of Abbey Road
- Replies: 10
- Views: 540
Re: The Analogues perform Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight & The End by The Beatles during a live rendition of Abbey R
Bloody Dutch. So contrary.Phillip Phlopp wrote: ↑Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:32 amThey are from the Netherlands. They do things differently there.
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:19 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: The Analogues perform Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight & The End by The Beatles during a live rendition of Abbey Road
- Replies: 10
- Views: 540
Re: The Analogues perform Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight & The End by The Beatles during a live rendition of Abbey R
Oh and he's playing right handed too, not left handed. This gets worse.
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:18 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: The Analogues perform Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight & The End by The Beatles during a live rendition of Abbey Road
- Replies: 10
- Views: 540
Re: The Analogues perform Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight & The End by The Beatles during a live rendition of Abbey R
Now he's playing a Violin Bass on that. Much better.Phillip Phlopp wrote: ↑Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:11 amMaxwell's Silver Hammer with well excellent anvil work
https://www.facebook.com/reel/361279399550097
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:17 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: The Analogues perform Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight & The End by The Beatles during a live rendition of Abbey Road
- Replies: 10
- Views: 540
Re: The Analogues perform Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight & The End by The Beatles during a live rendition of Abbey R
Really good, a fab tribute to the Mop Haired Pop Combo ...and the drummer is better than Ringo. https://www.facebook.com/reel/1205053776926127 Macca played a Rickenbacker bass on Abbey Road (some of it on his Hofner violin bass). I am offended that the bass player in the clip is playing a Fender Ja...
- Mon Sep 21, 2026 4:09 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: The Ed Sheeran Thread
- Replies: 1
- Views: 206
The Ed Sheeran Thread
Baker Nadia accuses whining ginger twat of "shedding white tears": https://www.dailymail.com/news/article- ... e-row.html
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 11:58 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Phil Collins, worth waiting for.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 207
Re: Phil Collins, worth waiting for.
Is he dead at last?
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 9:24 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Sultans of swing
- Replies: 3
- Views: 313
Re: Sultans of swing
I wonder what he's like without his backing track?
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 6:19 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Do you know what I think?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 412
Re: Do you know what I think?
Having played in Orchestras over the years, players tend to keep the conductor's arms in the corners of their eyes to maintain speed. It's a shame that we don't have a conductor for the band to keep our wayward drummer in check.
- Fri Aug 28, 2026 11:28 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Tell me what you want, what you really, really want
- Replies: 2
- Views: 464
Re: Tell me what you want, what you really, really want
You do like these Facebook links don't you PP?
- Wed Aug 19, 2026 1:35 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it"
- Replies: 9
- Views: 759
Re: I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it"
I'd forgotten about flounces!
- Wed Aug 19, 2026 10:37 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it"
- Replies: 9
- Views: 759
Re: I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it"
Sorry PP (looks down at floor and reassesses his life choices...)Phillip Phlopp wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2026 10:12 amAh well, I was impressed and enjoyed watching musicians' skills. I'll stick to whinging about politicians.
- Wed Aug 19, 2026 7:47 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it"
- Replies: 9
- Views: 759
Re: I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it"
I have become deeply sceptical recently. I must admit that I share your view. Time and time again I'm sent videos of some 3 year old "bass prodigy". It's all bollocks. They're playing the one thing they've been practicing for months and it's not anything which could be used at a gig - just fretboar...
- Tue Aug 18, 2026 10:26 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it"
- Replies: 9
- Views: 759
Re: I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it"
Whenever I watch these clips I'm seriously impressed with the muscle memory required in remembering the thousands of finger movements. I have impressed many ladies with the muscle memory of my bass player's fingers over the years.... ;-) Check this guy out then: https://youtu.be/CLJHX5yaumA?si=380C...
- Sat Aug 01, 2026 10:00 pm
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday, Caroline.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1638
Re: Happy Birthday, Caroline.
Happy birthday - hope you've had a wonderful day xx