There was a programme a few years back with various 'celebs' learning how to conduct.
It surprised me how complicated it was, the orchestra is slightly behind the conductor to allow them to see what the conductor's gestures are asking for.
Katie Derham won, if I remember rightly.
Search found 245 matches
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 7:47 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Do you know what I think?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 428
- Sat Aug 01, 2026 7:29 pm
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday, Caroline.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1711
Happy Birthday, Caroline.
Happy Birthday!
I hope you're having a lovely day - and a glass of something fizzy. xx

I hope you're having a lovely day - and a glass of something fizzy. xx


- Thu Jul 09, 2026 8:38 am
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday Poods
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4323
Re: Happy Birthday Poods
Happy birthday, Poods. I hope you have a good day, despite it being a work day. 



- Fri Jun 05, 2026 7:45 am
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy birthday Lisa!
- Replies: 12
- Views: 12037
Re: Happy birthday Lisa!
Happy birthday. Have a fab day. X 



- Thu Jun 04, 2026 1:17 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Bob Harris
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9535
Re: Bob Harris
I've been expecting Bob to step down for a while. His prostrate cancer, which he's been living with for years, has spread to his spine. He had some complicated sounding - and positive - surgery when he was first off but he's obviously struggling to be fit enough. I first remember him introducing TRe...
- Sun May 10, 2026 1:33 pm
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy birthday Foxie
- Replies: 7
- Views: 9106
Re: Happy birthday Foxie
Happy Birthday, Foxie. I hope you're getting spoilt. xx
- Thu Apr 23, 2026 7:40 am
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday Phloppy
- Replies: 24
- Views: 24802
Re: Happy Birthday Phloppy
Happy birthday, PP. I hope it's a fab day.
- Mon Mar 09, 2026 8:29 am
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy birthday, Mo
- Replies: 11
- Views: 14622
Happy birthday, Mo
Happy birthday, I hope you're having a great time.
- Sat Feb 28, 2026 8:54 am
- Forum: Food and Drink
- Topic: What's for dinner?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 19395
Re: What's for dinner?
Best way to do somewhere like that when there's too many good choices. 

- Wed Jan 14, 2026 9:04 am
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday Jules
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11881
Re: Happy Birthday Jules
Happy birthday, Jule
Are you working or having the day off to chill?
Are you working or having the day off to chill?

- Sat Dec 27, 2025 12:01 am
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy birthday, Sandra
- Replies: 10
- Views: 13638
Happy birthday, Sandra
Happy birthday, little sis.
I hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt by the boys. xx
I hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt by the boys. xx
- Wed Dec 17, 2025 10:41 pm
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday Gassy!
- Replies: 8
- Views: 11441
Re: Happy Birthday Gassy!
Happy Birthday, Gassy. I hope you've had a good day apart from the singing. 

I should remember your birthday as there's only 11 days between us.


I should remember your birthday as there's only 11 days between us.
- Sun Dec 07, 2025 8:36 am
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday Red Baron
- Replies: 8
- Views: 11199
Re: Happy Birthday Red Baron
Thank you, everyone.
We had a chilled day and OH cooked a nice steak and we had a drop of

We had a chilled day and OH cooked a nice steak and we had a drop of


- Tue Nov 11, 2025 1:39 pm
- Forum: Food and Drink
- Topic: Lunch
- Replies: 14
- Views: 26680
Re: Lunch
We've just had a homemade veggie soup - with lots of lentils in.
- Fri Oct 17, 2025 7:05 am
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday Piggy
- Replies: 13
- Views: 20597
Re: Happy Birthday Piggy
Happy birthday, Piggy. 

Hopefully the shingles has eased enough for you to have a good weekend.


Hopefully the shingles has eased enough for you to have a good weekend.
- Wed Oct 15, 2025 10:00 am
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday Suze!
- Replies: 9
- Views: 14073
Re: Happy Birthday Suze!
Happy birthday, Suzy. I hope you have a good day. 



- Fri Aug 01, 2025 7:54 am
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy birthday, Caroline.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 19224
Happy birthday, Caroline.
Happy birthday, I hope you have a good day. 





- Thu Jul 17, 2025 10:02 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Kathy's Song
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6885
Re: Kathy's Song
I love Simon & Garfunkel. Paul Simon is the one artist I would really have liked the chance to see.
I did see Art Garfunkel. He sang BOTW and Bright Eyes.
I did see Art Garfunkel. He sang BOTW and Bright Eyes.
- Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:37 am
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday Poodlepan
- Replies: 11
- Views: 13892
Re: Happy Birthday Poodlepan
Happy birthday, Poods. I hope you have a good day despite it being a week day.




- Thu Jun 05, 2025 3:28 pm
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday Lisa!
- Replies: 15
- Views: 20952
Re: Happy Birthday Lisa!
Happy Birthday, Lisa. I hope you're having a lovely day.