Glastonbury 19

Undie
Glastonbury 19

Post by Undie » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:05 am

Been away over the weekend and am slowly catching up on the coverage. Has anyone else seen any?

Don't think I have seen a bad performance out of the bunch I have seen.

Thought Kylie was great, proper showmanship. Yes it's early afternoon but no reason to not put on a glam show.

Was surprised by Miley Cyrus, I have to admit I don't know much by her but like her attitude. She went for it too.
Saw about 5 minutes of Jeff Goldblum and although it sounded ok, I was bored fairly quickly of that kind of jazz

Chemical Brothers as usual blew the house down, saw them at the beginning of last month, it wasn't that different to the set I saw but again it was stunning.

The Cure I actually saw on Sunday night, I saw them a few years ago and thought their performance was pretty dull, Sunday night was a lot different, probably from what I have seen so far the set of the weekend

Psmith

Re: Glastonbury 19

Post by Psmith » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:14 pm

I thought the Cure dull,he still has quite a good voice though.
Kylie,not to my taste but a real little trooper.
The Killers were OK,just.
Some wimmin,Lizzo and Billie Eilish,not bad.
Perhaps I'm not in a music mood at the moment.

Red Baron

Post by Red Baron » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:36 am

I dipped in and out of it. Some was ok, some I turned straight off. At least I could do that with a remote and not have to fight to get between stages.

Christine and the queens were good and the Killers did a decent set.
“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:17 am

Stormzy was amazing (except for Chris Martin).

My boy had me watching Dave and Loyle Carner who were good for a while but my interest did tail off. The kid from the audience who came on during Dave's set was a highlight. Jungle weren't bad. Chemical Brothers do what the Chemical Brothers do which is very fine.

Roy Ayers is just too old to do his hits justice which is not to say he was bad, just not right for Glastonbury.

I wanted to see Christine & The Queens but haven't got round to that or Kylie yet.

Gassy's favourite Fatoumata Diawara was a bit disappointing I thought.

Really want to catch up with the Love Unlimited Synth Orchestra who have had some really good reviews, many of which praise the quality of Barry White's music as I have been doing for many years now.

A good Glastonbury by all accounts.

Iggy's listening to jazz

Don't take my kindness for weakness...

Undie

Post by Undie » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:23 am

Maximus wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:17 am

A good Glastonbury by all accounts.
I think I might have been guilty of saying that headline acts were a little weak for Glastonbury when it was announced. That said there is always something for everyone there. Shame about the sheer numbers of people that put me off.

Caught a bit of Wu Tang Clan, kind of ok. Tame Impala were as always very good, I just don't see them as a headline act. A perfect afternoon in the sun sound.

OH said she thought Jungle were a band to look out for, maybe if she listened to me on occasion. She'd have heard of them as they had one of my albums of the year, their previous stuff had made top lists of the year too :roll:

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:31 am

I was slightly disappointed with Wu-Tang - OK was about my opinion too. Jungle were good but just not upfront enough to assert themselves on a festival stage - like it or not, it's about more than the music in that setting and all dressing in white doesn't make a 'show'.

I'd have watched The Killers and The Cure if I'd had time but not too bothered that I didn't.

After you (I think) posted Kurt Vile here a while back I would have quite liked to have seen him - I may try and catch up on his set when I get time.

Iggy's listening to jazz

Don't take my kindness for weakness...

SuzySu

Post by SuzySu » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:58 am

I’ve recorded The Killers, but watched a bit on Saturday night & was singing along, I will watch the full set at some point. I watched Kylies set, wasn’t overly impressed, I think she had microphone problems, imo she ruined ‘Kids’ although I did sing along to it, as I know all the words 😂 My favourite Kylie song is ‘Can’t get you out of my head’ so I sang along to that as well, I think my hubby had probably had enough of my ‘singing’ so The Cure has been recorded & had to wait for another day, that has not yet come 🙂
My Son Says I'm The Best Mum In The World 🙂