Loaded

Undie
Re: Loaded

Post by Undie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:20 pm

Maximus wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:37 am
Just to understand, might you still get a regular night with the promoter?
We are hopeful of moving it lock stock to next door but owner is away and our guy thinks he'll be right up for that.
Lots of talk of other things but nothing short term :|

Undie

Post by Undie » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:14 am

Update.
We have moved to a Saturday night, rather than a Friday and on to a completely new venue. The When Polly Met Fergie Restaurant opened a year or so ago, it's a vegan restaurant. It has become quite popular in this provincial town.
Anyways, now that they are doing well they want to develop their upstairs room at weekends. Early evening they are having a jazz type singer, later a jazz band (while restaurant is open) then 10-2 there will be a mix of jazz/funk , disco, house nights with us fitting in there somewhere too

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:38 am

Undie wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:14 am
Update.
We have moved to a Saturday night, rather than a Friday and on to a completely new venue. The When Polly Met Fergie Restaurant opened a year or so ago, it's a vegan restaurant. It has become quite popular in this provincial town.
Anyways, now that they are doing well they want to develop their upstairs room at weekends. Early evening they are having a jazz type singer, later a jazz band (while restaurant is open) then 10-2 there will be a mix of jazz/funk , disco, house nights with us fitting in there somewhere too
Good news!

Was this a venue you found for yourselves or was it from the previous promoter?

I am available for suggestions as ever...(not that you need me).

Iggy's listening to jazz

Don't take my kindness for weakness...

Undie

Post by Undie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:28 am

From the previous promoter. He has gone it with the venue and is doing all of their entertainment going forward. We have 6 months to be successful at the price we are on then 2% on the bar will be offered on top if we do well.

To be honest I haven't seen the venue yet, apart from photo's. I am going to the 1st event Friday to check it out

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:15 am

Undie wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:28 am
From the previous promoter. He has gone it with the venue and is doing all of their entertainment going forward. We have 6 months to be successful at the price we are on then 2% on the bar will be offered on top if we do well.

To be honest I haven't seen the venue yet, apart from photo's. I am going to the 1st event Friday to check it out
Sounds good.

I'm sure you've thought of it but is 'if we do well' measurable or is it just the personal opinion of the promoter?

Iggy's listening to jazz

Claude Balls

Post by Claude Balls » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:33 am

Undie wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:14 am
Early evening they are having a jazz type singer, later a jazz band (while restaurant is open)
Nice

Undie

Post by Undie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 pm

Maximus wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:15 am
Undie wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:28 am

Sounds good.

I'm sure you've thought of it but is 'if we do well' measurable or is it just the personal opinion of the promoter?
It will be a measured "do well" so takings on bar, on our (combined nights)

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:09 pm

Ahhh, OK. You can see the next question coming. (What takings constitute ‘go well’).

I’ve spent too long in business I’m afraid.

Iggy's listening to jazz

Undie

Post by Undie » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:29 am

Well, we've made a decision on the future of Loaded. We've had 2 nights at the new place and are just not feeling it. We have had a chat with the owners of the previous venue and will be heading back there for August night.

It isn't going to go well with promoter and we will come up against them on nights too. The new venue is ok, it's new and off the beaten track. Could be a great little place in London but not here, well not for us