Parkes Elvis Festival

Psmith
Parkes Elvis Festival

Post by Psmith » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 pm

This is held very year on the anniversary of his birthday.
Regardless of what you consider his musical influence ,I can't think of another celeb that has so many impersonators.(They mostly seem to be the Fat Elvis.)
https://www.parkeselvisfestival.com.au/

Parkes is in the middle of nowhere and miles from nowhere but famous for having the radio telescope which received the first moon landing pictures.

Undie

Re: Parkes Elvis Festival

Post by Undie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:41 am

There's a cracking film called "The Dish" about that telescope, typical Australian humour as well.

I like Elvis, there are a fair few songs of his that sit in my mix playlist. Burning Love being my favourite.

It's either very early RnR or Early 70's Vegas for me, not keen on the films but have seen most of them.

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Undie wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:41 am
There's a cracking film called "The Dish" about that telescope, typical Australian humour as well.

I like Elvis, there are a fair few songs of his that sit in my mix playlist. Burning Love being my favourite.

It's either very early RnR or Early 70's Vegas for me, not keen on the films but have seen most of them.
That's pretty much my thought too - I love his Sun releases and his early RCA most.

Can't be doing with impersonators though.

Iggy's listening to jazz

Don't take my kindness for weakness...

Undie

Post by Undie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:05 pm

oh it's just a bit of fun, I love an Elvis impersonator who really doesn't look anything like him, and no I have never dressed up as anything let alone Elvis

Claude Balls

Post by Claude Balls » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 pm

What the collective name for a group of Elvis'?

Is it Elvi?

Psmith

Post by Psmith » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:04 pm

There's a nice bit in the Dish.When the local band play the theme for Hawaii Five-O for some visiting Americans because they didn't know the Star Spangled Wotsit.